* Lists help you organise everything into one place. You have a clear vision of what you need to get done, and when you have to do it. This way you can allot time to each task, without having to multitask constantly.
* Making lists will always calm you down. It works as an instant stress reliever for me, partly because it makes me feel a sense of achievement. I might not have finished the actual work yet, but putting it in a list means that I'm on my way to getting it done.
* You will find it much easier to attain short term goals. Listing those goals and working on one at a time will be much easier than trying to do everything at once.
* I have found that writing down your lists on a piece of paper to be more effective than typing them, but that may just be a personal preference. Get a planner or just make lists on your phone - as long as it helps you work, it's good.
* Lists can also help you track your work progress if you remember to update it at the end of each day.
Writer is a sub-editor of Next Step, and is currently studying at IBA, DU.